Mitratech’s e-billing solutions streamline invoice review and enforce your specific billing guidelines for outside counsel. For the first time, senior management can readily see a complete real time view of external legal expenditures. Our e-billing solutions allow for streamlined communication and document sharing with your approved vendors. Seamless integration with Matter Management ensures a single source of truth for your legal operations staff.
TeamConnect manages e-billing and collaboration with outside vendors by combining a module for legal departments with a connected product for external vendors (law firms, etc.) Collaborati Spend Management (CSM) is the module on TeamConnect used by our clients, and Collaborati is the browser-based product used by external vendors. These products work together to support complete outside counsel management, from e-billing to collaborative budgeting and document sharing.
Clients using TeamConnect e-billing have reported dramatic reductions in their costs by electronically validating rates and detecting violations of company guidelines.
- Attorney’s time to review and approve invoices reduced by 80%
- Legal admin time to process invoices reduced by 40%
- External legal spend reduced by 5-10%
Firms already on our global network:
- 100% of the AmLaw 100
- 95% of the NLJ 250
- 93% of the AmLaw Global
e-Billing Key Features:
- Support UTBMS task, expense and activity codes, as well as custom codes.
- Manage alternative fee arrangements and negotiate early payment discounts.
- Access invoice attachments such as images of paper invoices and expense receipts.
- Review and make adjustments at the line item or total level
- Accept electronic invoices from trading partners uploaded in LEDES formats, and provide a user-friendly form for manual entries.
- Manage foreign bills electronically with multi-currency and VAT support.
- Perform automatic validation of vendors, timekeepers, matters, and rates.
- Set approval limits for individual users and define when invoices should be escalated.
- Maintain a complete audit trail of the invoice workflow for auditing purposes.
- Trigger automatic payment processes when integrated with an Accounts Payable system.
Mitratech’s e-billing solutions allow you to ensure compliance with billing guidelines and external regulations through message alerts, checks and balances, and sophisticated reporting capabilities.
- Adhere to billing guidelines with comprehensive validations for invoices, including validation against matter information.
- Define rules for billing guidelines to automatically adjust or reject non-compliant invoices, or mark them with warnings.
- Automate approval workflows that enforce business processes with the flexibility for ad-hoc reviews.
- Record and track the complete audit trail of all modifications including approvals, reviews, adjustments, and rejections.
- Track financial impact and automatically post against multiple cost centers.
- Ensure SOX 404 compliance through accurate, complete, and consistent accruals.
View, modify and approve invoices on-the-go with TeamConnect Mobile. Available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry devices, TeamConnect Mobile offers real functionality for invoice approvers while away from the office.
In addition to e-billing, TeamConnect enables legal departments to easily interact with outside counsel.
- Streamline communications with vendors by sharing general billing guidelines as well as vendor-specific documents.
- Collaborate on budgets by matter with customizable approval workflows and re-budgeting capability.
- Share submitted invoice status, payment status, and details on adjustments to eliminate constant calls.
- Convey matter information, status, and details between legal departments and vendors.
For insights into TeamConnect e-billing in action, read our interviews:
The Accounts Payable Interface reduces manual labor otherwise required to review, correct, and re-key invoices collected from TeamConnect and entered into corporate AP systems. The AP interface potentially shortens the vendor payment cycle time, which reduces the number of duplicate invoices received. This capability also ensures vendor compliance and tax identification authentication, and it allows automatic payment status communication with vendors.