TeamConnect Matter Management streamlines your legal operations and litigation workflow through process automation and supplies your team the critical matter, financial and performance metrics all while reducing legal spend – regardless of the size and complexity of your legal department. TeamConnect Clients have reported up to a 75% reduction in time spent opening new matters.
Automate common tasks to reduce redundancies and manual work.
- Open new matters with data entry wizards to ensure a consistent and accurate process.
- Automatically assign matters and generate notifications and reminders according to your specific workflows.
- Attach invoices electronically to matters to give you real time budget insight.
- Set matter budgets at the case and vendor level according to your fiscal reporting needs.
- Send alerts based on configurable milestones such as when actual expenditures are near or exceed budgeted allocations.
Matter Management provides reliable and real time data for comprehensive reporting and reconstruction of events and includes custom searches to quickly examine current and historical matters and records. Out of the box reports include:
- Spend by matter category
- Top 10 matters by spending
- Top 25 outside counsel spending
- Average budget by matter category
- Invoice counts by firm, matter, time period and status
- Average legal expense by matter and matter category
- Average paid settlement by matter category
- Matters by assignee (assignee workload)
- Matter count and matter status
Improve outside counsel portfolio management
Matter management provides capabilities to monitor outside counsel workload, performance, and cost. Scorecards and evaluations provide historical insight to help identify the right firm and attorney that fit your criteria, objectives, and expected investment. Other key features include:
- Vendor profiles: approved timekeepers, rates, areas of expertise, performance, and assignments based on your historical data.
- Standardized vendor selection to ensure informed hiring decisions and avoids conflicts of interest.
- Capture vendor performance on a case-by-case basis to ensure standards are met.
- Manage budgets by individual matter, by vendor.
For more insights into TeamConnect Matter Management, read our interviews:
TeamConnect Office Suite provides unprecedented integration with Microsoft products, allowing calendar updates, file access and versioning to TeamConnect directly from Microsoft products.
TeamConnect Executive Dashboard provides an enterprise wide view of your legal operations and business data in summary tables, dynamic graphs and metric monitors. It reveals anomalies and trends through easy visualization of the data creating real time insight for both legal and non-legal managers.
TeamConnect Matter Management enables your legal team to take a consistent and collaborative approach to the entire litigation process including early case assessment, management of action deadlines through calendar integration, and the ability to easily generate specific matter documents. Additional Service of Process and Legal Hold manager modules are available in order to create a single unified platform to manage all your litigation needs.
Early Case Assessment
Using TeamConnect, counsel can accurately estimate the cost of attorney’s fees and other expenses to determine whether to mediate, identify settlement options, or take the case to trial, and effectively formulate a case resolution scenario within the first 90 – 120 days.
- Review information on judges, opposing counsel and key witnesses to determine likely outcomes and costs.
- Identify key discovery issues from similar past and current cases.
- Examine key facts, allegations, applicable laws and venues.
- Analyze potential trial themes for both sides early in the process to assess strengths and risks of each.
- Pursue the best resolution as determined by your early case assessment.
iCalendar integrates TeamConnect’s event management capabilities without any dependencies on proprietary software.
- Send TeamConnect appointments and tasks directly to the recipient’s email client.
- Synchronize your appointments and tasks for greater consistency and control.
- Respond to meetings and events directly from the email client.
- Connect and interact with Lotus Notes and MS Office.