A recent new client of ours, a transportation leader in North America, chose TeamConnect as their very first enterprise legal management (ELM) solution. While evaluating and selecting ELM software can be daunting, especially for the first time, establishing clear goals and objectives can ensure a smooth process with a right-fit selection.
Coming from working solely off spreadsheets and a basic SharePoint system to track matters, documents, and to generate reports, the client knew managing their legal department with these tools was unsustainable. Upon starting their search for an ELM solution, the organization created four key objectives:
- Facilitate collaboration with their 500 active law firms
- Ease search for both matter information and documents
- Expand workflow capability, for both internal and external collaboration
- Integrate with Microsoft Outlook
Throughout the evaluation, the client was engaged and sought to understand every aspect of what TeamConnect could offer. Mitratech educated them on exactly how TeamConnect would be implemented to ensure every objective was met. Their thorough evaluation and clear objectives guided the selection of TeamConnect as the best solution for their organization to deliver:
- Complete vendor management, collaboration, and historical reporting, empowering the legal team to optimize selection and increasing legal spend savings over time
- Centralized matter and document repository, with powerful and easy to use search for scalable, lightning-fast searches across all TeamConnect data
- Robust and flexible workflows which allow teams to do permanent and temporary reassignments and preventing approval of a workflow until a certain condition is met
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook and Office, ensuring high user adoption, smooth workflows, and an avoidance of duplication of effort
Whether you’re about to start your ELM solution evaluation, or have already sent out an RFP, following our client’s evaluation best practices – including setting clear objectives, staying engaged throughout the entire process, and asking your potential vendors to prove out their claims – will help secure a selection that fits your team for years to come.